The Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta Advertisement for 2019/2020 Academic Session Admission into National Diploma (ND) Part-Time and Higher National Diploma (HND) Full-Time/Part-Time Programmes of Two (2) Year Duration
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PART-TIME
General Entry Requirements:
Applicants for National Diploma are admitted based on qualifications obtained in NECO,SSCE,WASCE, and GCE O’Level, NABTEB or their equivalents
Non-Technology Based Programmes
Credit Passes in five(5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings. Literature- in- English or Oral English are not acceptable as substitutes for English language.
Three (3) other credits from Government, Geography, History, Business Studies/Method, English Literature, Biology/Agricultural Science, Accounting.
Technology Based Programmes
Credit Passes in five (5) subjects at not more two (2) sitting which must include Mathematics and English Language, credit in two (2) basic Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and a Pass in the third Science subject.
Other credit from Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Metal work, Wood work, Basic Electricity/Electronics.
Note: Pharmaceutical Technology requires a credit in Biology not Agric. Science and accepts a Pass in Physics.
Credit passes in Five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Mathematics and one of Biology/Agric. Science/Food and Nutrition.
Two (2) other credits from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics /Statistics, Commerce/Economics, Health Science, Food & Nutrition/ Home Economics/Catering Craft, Geography, Government, Technical Drawing and one Nigerian language (Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa).
Credit passes in Five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language, Mathematics and Geography.
Two (2) other credits from Economics/ Commerce, History, Book Keeping, Principles of Accounts, Mathematics, Fine Arts, French, Food & Nutrition, Home Economics, Government and one Nigerian language. (Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa).
Nutrition and Dietetics
Credit passes in five (5) subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings including Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science and English Language.
One (1) other credits from Physics, Economics/Commerce, English Language, Home Economics, Food and Nutrition.
Credit passes in Five (5) at obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. These subjects must include; English Language, Mathematics, Economics and one of Physics/Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science, with Credit in any of the listed subjects: Geography, Government, Principle of Account, Technical Drawing, Fine Arts.
Credit passes in five(5) subjects at not more than two (2) sitting. These subjects must include Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and English language. And any other two (2) additional Credit Passes in any of Fine Arts, Technical Drawing or Engineering Drawing, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agric Science, Further Mathematics
Credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two (2) sittings. These subjects must include Mathematics, Physics and English Language. And two other (2) additional Credit passes in any of Technical Drawing, Metal Work/Wood Work, Further Mathematics, Geography, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and Economics.
Art and Industrial Design
Credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings including Mathematics and English Language
Three (3) other credits from Biology/Agric. Science, English Language, Fine Art/Visual Art/Cultural and Creative Art/Die and Bleaching, Chemistry, History/Government, Literature in English, Clothing and Textiles, Geography, Economics/Commerce, Religious Knowledge, Technical Drawing and Home Economics.
Urban and Regional Planning
Credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings including Mathematics, English and one from Physics/Chemistry/Biology.
Two (2) other credits from Further Mathematics, Geography, Economics/Commerce, Fine Arts/Technical Drawing, Government/History, Religious Knowledge and one Nigerian Language.
Credit passes in Five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
One (1) other credit from Metal Work, Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Basic Electricity/Electronics, Biology/Agric. Science, Geography, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work, Economics , Computer Studies, Civic
NOTE:HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME TWO (2) YEAR PROGRAMMES
Please note that the General Entry Requirements stated for National Diploma (ND) Part – Time suffice for HND Full – time and Part – time respectively.
- Satisfy the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic entry Requirements for each relevant National Diploma Programme;
- Pass at not below Lower Credit in the relevant National Diploma Programmes from accredited programmes/institutions and have completed a minimum of one calendar year post National Diploma relevant work experience (evidence of industrial work experience is required) or.
- Candidates with a Pass at ND level plus two (2) years post qualification cognate experience could be considered for admission;
- Request his/her former Institution to send transcripts of his/her academic record to the Registrar, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta;
Note: No candidate will be registered before receipt of the academic transcript.
- Applicants who obtained their National Diploma (ND) from other Polytechnics with Pre-ND as their entry qualification shall not be admitted. Post-qualification School Certificate ordinary level results are not admissible.
- Candidates with National Diploma in Banking & Finance and Accounting Technician Scheme (ATS) Certificate are not qualified for admission into HND Accountancy Programme.
- Candidates must pass the screening examination to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
- Candidates wishing to specialize in either Biology/ Microbiology, Chemistry or Physics must have credit at O’Level in their areas of specialization.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES: HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME
School of Business & Management Studies
- Business Administration & Management
School of Communication & Information Technology
- Office Technology & Management (OTM)
- Mass Communication
School of Engineering
- Electrical Electronics Engineering with options in
i. Electronics and Telecom
ii. Power and Machine
- Civil Engineering with options in:
- Computer Engineering
School of Environmental Studies
- Building Technology
- Estate Management & Valuation
- Architectural Technology (Full-Time only)
- Urban & Regional Planning (Full-Time only)
School of Science & Technology
- Food Technology
- Physics with Electronics
- Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical Technology
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should proceed to the Polytechnic’s portal www.mapoly.edu.ng and select “2019/2020 Admission Application” to obtain their forms with the appropriate processing fee, making use of either Master or Visa Debit Cards.