Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Adherence Counselor Intern
Locations: Anambra & Taraba
Job Category: Temporary
- Will provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment/PrEP preparation to KPs and their partners in the OSS. Identify and address challenges/barriers to adherence to care and treatment to ART for KPs and PrEP for their partners. Organize and facilitate support group sessions for infected and affected KPs.
- Address aspects of behavior in relation to HIV and ART. Conduct Sexual network tracking/Partner notification services.
- Facilitate the delivery of PWP information to clients enrolled in OSS. Participate in home visits as appropriate to execute plan of care for clients.
- Ensure client records are well maintained and compile periodic reports as necessary.
- Ensure proper referral of patients where necessary including following up and reporting on the outcomes as necessary.
- The successful candidate will coordinate patient tracking activities supported by the Case Managers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracing activities.
- Report to the facility in charge and AHNi GF Technical leads as well as working in collaboration, and with the guidance of the Clinical Technical team.
- She/He will also compile and submit monthly reports on psychosocial support and patient tracking activities.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- HND, BSc in a medical field, Adherence Counseling, Psychology or Biological Sciences with 2 to 5 post-NYSC experience in Program/project management.
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years post NYSC relevant experience working with Key Population.
- Basic knowledge of adherence counseling/EAC.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.