Association for Reproductive and Family Health is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS. Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position of Director of Programs (DOP) in an on-going USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Lagos State. The candidate will be based in Lagos and report to the Chief of Party. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
The DOP will be responsible for the technical content of service delivery encompassing OVC services in the technical areas—household economic strengthening (HES), education support, child protection, social/behaviour change communication, case finding, referrals to treatment (working in collaboration with other partners providing ART services), viral load monitoring services within the community setting. This includes considerations for use of self-administered viral load sampling kits, optimization of viral load cascade and other efforts necessary for achieving measurable community viral suppression. S/he will provide technical expertise in high-impact OVC and HI V/AIDS services and their integration into established service delivery systems at different levels of care.
The DOP will have experience and demonstrated understanding in working with HIV and OVC community-led organizations. S/he will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and ability to develop and track workplans implementation effectively. Part of his/her responsibilities would include:-
• Professional documentation and timely submission ofproject reports.
• Strengthening the linkages between the community-based OVC care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
• Support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs in the area of HIV prevention, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), in addition to tracking LTFU cases, improved HIV Cascade and bi-directional referrals for uptake ofservices.
• Support the implementation of evidence-based interventions for the OVC priority sub population and survivors of gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers (including OTZ interventions for ALHI V).
• Coordinate and maintain close liaison with project partners and with relevant stakeholders in Lagos state.
• MBBS or Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences or related field.A Master's degree in relevant areas is preferred.
• Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in Donor funded program such as USG or United Nations in designing and managing OVC and H I V programs.
• Also required is a vast experience in managing USG-funded activities, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
Method of Application: Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to [email protected] on/or before Wednesday November 4, 2020.
Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
ARFH has a Child Safeguarding polity in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).