Our client is a growing hospital system in Warri and Benin that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered healthcare.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering care at world-class standards, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute and thrive to a rapidly growing organization. The hospital already holds international standards accreditation and is seeking other such accreditations and is looking for leaders who are ready to contribute to the achievement of these goals.
POSITION: Biomedical Engineer
LOCATION: Benin City, Warri
Job Summary: The Biomedical Engineer will design, develop, and test all aspects of medical/surgical components, equipment, and instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose defective medical equipment and implement repairs without direct supervision.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance activities performed on assigned medical equipment and update the database of this record of service, completely and promptly.
- Perform and record preventive maintenance of assigned equipment through periodic performance checks and measurements based on Equipment Management Plan.
- Have a working knowledge of all applicable codes and standards for maintaining medical equipment including those issued by accrediting agencies.
- Maintain technical skills and be aware of emerging trends in Healthcare Technology Management.
- Operate sophisticated calibration and test equipment.
- Repair/calibrate life support and other critical medical equipment and systems.
- Ensure urgent device corrections, and equipment recalls are acted upon in a timely manner to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Maintain and configure servers and associated network equipment.
- Provide guidance to clinical users on proper use and care for diagnostic, treatment and monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrate correct setup, calibration, and operation of patient care equipment to clinical staff as required.
- B.Sc or HND in Biomedical Engineering/Technology.
- 4 + years relevant work experience.
- Registered member of Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria – COREN
- Remarkable understanding of the framework as well as use of biomedical devices.
- Strong technological abilities as well as the capacity to fix equipment.
- Strong logical as well as analytical abilities.
- Strong communication abilities
- Capability to function well under pressure as well as grow in a busy clinical atmosphere.
- Efficiency in using a computer system, specifically Microsoft workplace Plans.
- Knowledge of hospital equipment is an advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected] (quoting Biomedical Engineer in Subject). Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Further enquiries should be sent to [email protected]