RELEASE OF RESULTS OF THE PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION IN GENERAL/POST BASIC NURSING — NOVEMBER 2022
I am pleased to inform you that the Board of Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria at its 60th General Meeting held in November. 2022 has approved the release of the results of Professional Examinations in General/Post Basic Nursing - November, 2022.
2. Summary of the results indicated that Nine Thousand, Four Hundred and Twenty Seven (9,427) candidates were successful, representing 84% with the breakdown as follows:
a) General Nursing Programmes:
i. Basic Nursing Programme
Six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-four (6.884) candidates were successful in the examination representing 86% pass.
ii. Refresher Programme
Seventy-One (71) candidates were successful in the examination representing 73% pass.
iii. Foreign Trained
One hundred and eighty-four (184) candidates were successful in the examination representing 51% pass.
b) Post Basic Nursing Programmes:
One thousand, Nine hundred and Nineteen (1,919) candidates were successful in the examination representing 98% pass.
c) Community Nursing:
Three Hundred and Sixty-Nine (369) candidates were successful in the examination representing 83% pass.
3. Heads of the training institutions are hereby directed to check the results of their institution(s) on-line as from Friday 2nd December, 2022.
4. Successful Candidates arc hereby directed to visit the portal of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (portal.nmcn.gov.ng) to apply for Registration and Licencing online with effect from Friday, 2nd December, 2022.
5. Please note that on-line registration formalities including payment of registration fee is to be completed within ninety (90) days. Late registration attracts a penally fee of Sixteen Thousand, two hundred and fifty Naira (N16,250.00) only per applicant after ninety (90) days. Any application initiated and not completed within seven (7) days will he invalid.
6. Furthermore, the next Professional Examination in General/Post Basic Nursing is scheduled to hold from Tuesday 2nd — Thursday 4th May, 2023.
7. Heads of nursing training institutions are hereby requested to send statistics of eligible candidates and Examination Application Checklist for May 2023 Professional Examination in General/Post basic Nursing to the Council on or before 30th January, 2023. Failure to comply with the above directive indicate that the institution(s) do not have candidate(s) for the examination.
8. Please acknowledge receipt of the result and contact the Secretary-General/Registrar for rectification of any error within thirty (30) days. Council will not entertain any complaint after thirty (30) days of release of result.
9. All correspondences should be addressed to the Secretary General/Registrar, Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Headquarters Office, Plot 713, Cadastral Zone, Life Camp, Abuja
10. On behalf of the Board and Management of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, I hereby congratulate all successful candidates and wish them success in their future endeavour.
Faruk Umar Abubakar PhD, RN, FWACN
Secretary – General / Registrar