Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: COVID Vaccine Reporting and Data Use Consultants
Ref No: req11051
- The USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) is an expanded effort by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with the Government of Nigeria (GoN) to contribute to State-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and increase capacity of public, private, and community health systems to sustainably support quality, integrated primary health care (PHC) services for reproductive health, family planning, and maternal, newborn, and child health plus nutrition, and malaria (RMNCH+NM). This effort is being expanded to include support to the Government for COVID-19 vaccination.
- IHP is seeking COVID Vaccine Reporting and Data Visualization Consultants (5) to support IHP’s technical assistance to Bauchi, Ebonyi, FCT, Kebbi and Sokoto States for the Covid vaccination roll out at PHCs and in communities.
Purpose of Assignment
- To provide reporting and data use technical support to States’ emergency COVID vaccination response in Bauchi, Ebonyi, FCT, Kebbi and Sokoto States.
- Consultants engaged will support the respective State governments to ensure the quality of covid vaccinations data by ensuring valid reporting, and the optimal use of the resultant data.
Scope of Work
Specifically, Consultant(s) will:
- Support State-level Covid vaccination reporting in Bauchi, Ebonyi, FCT, Kebbi and Sokoto States through training and retraining of vaccinators / front-line workers. To include the adapting of national training modules to be used during training workshops.
- Provide mentoring support to vaccinators / front-line workers for correct, complete and timely reporting on vaccination numbers and adverse reactions into DHIS2.
- Support the development and use of COVID vaccination data visualizations and dashboards to ensure that:
- Vaccine uptake is routinely monitored among target populations.
- Adherence for the administration of the two doses of vaccine is routinely tracked.
- GIS maps to show vaccine coverage spread to reduce inequalities are produced.
- Support the production of tools, guides and protocols, and ensure availability for use at various points of vaccine administration.
- Support the production and submission of routine reports on COVID vaccination response. Reports may include incidence, vaccine coverage and adverse events data, and sent to the appropriate body.
- Support the review, analysis and use of data from the COVID Hotline, particularly as it relates to the COVID Vaccine.
- Support the conduct of DQA on COVID Vaccine Data. This would include the conduct of training of Assessors, field work to carry out assessments, analysis of findings and supporting feedback and implementation of corrective actions.
- Keep up to date with NCDC and NPHCDA rapidly emerging guidelines for appropriate support to States for adoption.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Advanced university degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, M&E, Statistics, Health Informatics, Health Information Management or related field.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for complex health and/or development projects.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- A strong understanding of National Health Information Management System and DHIS2 in particular
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of large data sets, data management and data use skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of GIS maps
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa / Igbo.
- Be a proactive resource to the State for all things COVID vaccine technical support, anticipating the needs, drawing from experience with other emergency vaccination programs such as polio and yellow fever.
- Consultant with experience with other emergency vaccine programs such as polio or yellow fever would be much preferred.
- Monthly consultancy reports detailing progress on Scope of Work
- State GIS Maps showing Vaccination coverage
- Capacity Building (Training and Mentoring) reports
- DQA Reports
- COVID vaccination data visualizations and dashboards
- COVID Hotline Analysis Report
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: