Evercare Hospital - Purpose built as a state of the art private hospital, Evercare Hospital Lekki is a 165 bed hospital, that offers a range of care across a range of specialty medical services. Equipped with Operating Theatres, Dialysis chairs, Emergency Department beds, a Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit, as well as fully equipped birthing suites.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cardio Thoracic Surgeon
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Looking for a full time Cardiothoracic Surgeon to be based at Evercare Hospital Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Evercare Hospital Lekki, apart of the Evercare Group, is a state of the art purpose-built multispecialty, tertiary care private hospital in Nigeria.
- Evercare Hospital Lekki offers care across a range of specialty medical and surgical services, and accessible healthcare to communities in Lagos and Nigeria at large.
- The focus of Evercare Hospital Lekki will be to deliver medical excellence and global standards of quality service, providing exceptional patient care through outstanding medical outcomes and high-quality nursing care.
- The Cardiothoracic Surgeon will be a member of the senior medical team and he/she will provide leadership and guidance in establishing the highest standards of care and ensuring optimal delivery of quality care in line with international best practices. The incumbant shall be responsible for leading and setting up the department and shall work directly with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure a smooth functioning of the department and ensuring delivery of desired clinical outcomes.
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- Fellowship in CTVS of either the West African College of Surgeons (WACS) and/or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN); OR Equivalent fellowship in a country where you can obtain license to practice in Nigeria
- Must be a minimum of two-years post-fellowship.
- Foreign training and experience are an added advantage. 9 Knowledge/skills required
- Excellent surgical skills – adult and paediatric
- Competencies in Cardiac, Thoracic and Esophageal surgery – Coronary artery bypass surgery, heart valve surgery, aortic surgery, septal defects, surgery for Lung cancer, lung cysts, infected lungs, video assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS), chest wall deformities,
- Advanced skill in ECMO, Bronchoscopy, and Esophageal Surgery are added advantages. • Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: