Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI) is a female-led non – profit organization with the goal of ensuring self-reliance, empowerment, and healthy living for vulnerable women and their children. POWEI is currently providing remote qualitative and comprehensive services for Female Sex Workers (FSWs) and children of positive FSWs in more than 8 LGAs within Akwa Ibom state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care and Support / Adherence Officer
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Duration: 1 Year
To facilitate immediate access to treatment when a person is diagnosed with HIV; to support adherence to treatment in order to attain viral suppression for people living with HIV, for the sake of their own health and to prevent infecting other people with HIV.
- To enhance the prevention and management of HIV-related infections
- Enhance coping with the challenges of living with HIV
- Assist in the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools, and other relevant materials for use in the national scale-up of activities in IHVN-supported sites in program implementation areas
- Assist in the development of program strategies, work plans, and their implementation for effective operations.
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with NEPWHAN, and other PLHIV networks
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results, and address challenges
- Mentor support groups, Linkage coordinators, Treatment supporters, field workers to provide quality care to PLHIV.
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- Identify barriers to Care & Support and proffer solutions to these challenges.
- Assist and undertake needs assessments of new sites as required.
- Facilitate training sessions organized for site and community providers.
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through precepting, monitoring, and mentoring.
- Facilitate training of health care workers at all POWEI supported sites.
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic groups and overall community linkages.
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of the organization as well as national guidelines.
- Update and document client register and database.
- Oversee the referral of clients to treatment facilities
- Perform any other tasks as may be required of her position.
Key Areas of Accountability
As part of POWEI’s workforce, all successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the POWEI’s Mission, Vision, and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the program.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation.
B.Sc in Nursing with an active License and excellent computer skills are required. Also required is a minimum of 2 years of working experience with participation in both clinical and community Care & Support activities
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm and a real self-starter
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively to support multi-tasking.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and one-page Cover Letter as one MS Word document with 3 Professional References (name, company, email and phone number) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please note, your full name and the position for which you are applying should be the Subject of the mail.
- Candidates must be available for immediate employment. Please do NOT contact the listed email address with other inquiries.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.