COMMUNIQUÉ ISSUED AFTER A 2-DAY MEETING OF JOINT HEALTH SECTOR UNIONS (JOHESU) AND ASSEMBLY OF HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION (AHPA) HELD AT MHWUN NATIONAL SECRETARIAT, AYUBA WABBA HOUSE, AREA 1, GARKI, ABUJA ON TUESDAY, 20TH AND WEDNESDAY, 21ST OCTOBER 2020.
The two day meeting had in attendance, representatives of the unions that made up JOHESU, viz; MHWUN, NANNM, SSAUTHRIAI, NUAHP and NASU and the Assembly of Healthcare Professional Associations (AHPA). The meeting critically appraised the last 7 days warning strike, held between 13th – 20th September, 2020, composition of critical committee on
- Central placement on Internship Training of Health Professional other than doctors.
- Staff Auditing and
- Standing Committee on Critical Labour Matters.
The meeting also reviewed outstanding welfare packages and the implementation mode of COVID-19 special inducement and Hazard Allowances among other issues.
- Satisfied with compliance by members to the 7 day warning strike as reports from all branches collated showed above 80% success.
- Noted the composition of the central placement committee on internship training of health professionals other than doctors and look forward to the meeting of the committee to defend the interest of members.
- Equally noted the composition of the Staff Auditing Committee and noted the need for additional members of JOHESU on the committee.
- As the one membership of the Branch Chairman of JOHESU on the committee is grossly inadequate.
- On the issue of the standing committee on critical labour issues, the meeting demanded that a slot be given to a representative of AHPA that make up the labour side.