Vedic Lifecare Hospital is a multidisciplinary hospital with a team of specialists in various fields of medicine.Our quest is to expand healthcare practices through our team of doctors and other medical practitioners by providing our esteemed patients affordable and impactful healthcare services at all times. Vedic is located at Block 105, Plot 6, Olabanji Olajide Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Gynecologist
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Monitoring and treating expectant mothers during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
- Supervising the assessment, investigating, and providing treatment to patients.
- Performing a wide range of tests, including pap smears and pelvic and breast exams
- Record medical histories
- Educating patients about disease prevention, detection and reproductive health
- Collaborate with other medical and non-medical personnel
- Diagnosing and prescribing treatments for disorders and diseases
- Conducting routine check-ups on patients
- Keeping up to date with current practices and innovations
- Evaluating selected medical records of patients, case notes and discharge letters of patients at peer review.
- Ensuring that patients understand procedures leading to their treatments.
- Providing advice to patients and staff regarding disease prevention and health promotion.
- Providing reports, contributing to developing, budgeting, and planning the medical services.
- Suggesting new initiatives to assist in providing effective medical services.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS from a recognized University with at least 15 years’ experience
- Minimum of 7 years post MD experience in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Must be registered & licensed to practice by the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Prompt and timely diagnosing of patients’ ailments.
- Administering care with a personal touch.
- Proven work experience as an OB-GYN or similar role
- Expert diagnostic skills
- Trustworthy and compassionate character
- Excellent management of patients’ expectations
- Impeccable bedside manner
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an OB-GYN
- Must be currently resident in Lagos, and preferably, on the Island
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques of surgery and medicine
- Good communications and interpersonal relationship skills
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques and methods.
- Ability to conduct medicals in emergencies
- Able to display true feelings of empathy & support to patients
- Ability to direct other physicians and professional staff
- Able to respond appropriately even in stressful situations.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Only candidates who meet our rquirements will be considered.