Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Nephrologist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
The Nephrologist who reports to the Executive Director / Head of Medicine is responsible for the management of general medical patients and specifically renal disorders
Set up and runs the dialysis services. The incumbent may also help in interventional nephrology; perform transplant procedures for patients or assist a surgeon in performing the transplant surgery as required.
- Evaluating and managing renal disorders
- Referring patients to surgeons as appropriate
- Evaluating and managing general medical cases.
- Recommending and administering dialysis services as required
- Run clinics, manage emergency and admitted patients
- Administrative and audit duties
- Research and education/training
- Pursue ongoing and continuing education to stay on top of the latest research findings
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physician or its equivalent with sub-specialization in Nephrology.
- Years of experience practicing as a Nephrologist.
- Extensive knowledge of modern nephrology practices and technology
- Great counseling and listening skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great team work spirit, management and leadership skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.