Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey, not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team within the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist
Location: Synapse Japonica in Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Part-time / Full-time
Reporting to: Medical Director or designated Clinical Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment, Diagnosis and treatment: Responsible for patient assessment prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Collaborate with Medical Director in taking overall clinical responsibility for monitoring client treatment
- To communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies
- Running family sessions in line with the patients’ treatment plan and when the need arises
- To contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
- Manage partnerships and run a scheduled clinic in our partner hospitals
- Clinical support, coordination and consultancy for sister services.
- Organize and supervise weekly clinical meetings
- Play an active role in our sister charity organization, Reconnect Health Development Initiative
- Professional Supervision of clinicians working in the extended service model
- Take a lead role in developing mental health services
Required Qualification and Experience
- Applicant must have a degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Must have a Post Graduate fellowship in Psychiatry
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in mental health service provision
- Ability to synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendation
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of mental illness, signs and symptoms, side effects, psychotropic medication and contemporary treatment models.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should still own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting Application
- Good communication skills.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title - location e.g “Consultant Psychiatrist- Port-Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.