The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Data Manager and Analyst
- Collect the medical data of the projects (epidemiological data, statistics, project data, Research Data), and elaborate regular reporting to the medical referent, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activities of the projects.
More specifically, the Data manager and analyst will be under the supervision of the medical referent:
- Set up various databases for all project sites and emergency interventions; Update databases used in the projects as required.
- Work with Data collectors/Encoders/Enumerators in all projects to ensure patient files are properly stored in an accessible manner.
Monitor the quality of data collection:
- ensure the data collectors have the right source of documents within the projects; ensure the quality of the data contained in the compilation tools and ensure respect for the principles of confidentiality of patient data.
Supervise and train data collectors in the projects:
- Supervise the project data entry operators and identify the difficulties they face in terms of the use of tools and send them or notify them to the project activities manager and the medical referent; Provide support and on the job-training to data collectors; Organize training for data operators on identified needs.
- Train new staff e.g., Hired Enumerators/Surveyors and other staff involved in data collection on how the data tools work.
- Inform the Medical referent of communicable diseases with epidemic potential: Hold a database or a history of alerts and emergencies according to the scenarios (Measles, Cholera, and Meningitis) and other situations (population movement or IDP, inflow of wounds). Also, in case of emergency intervention ensure that projects or databases / line list updated if necessary and uses it. Monitor, compile and analyse the database on a weekly basis;
- Conduct analysis on databases collected with medical referent and the Research Management Team and give a short weekly/ monthly summary: and advise the project coordination team on the situation in terms of the achievement of indicators, targets, alert situation for epidemiological diseases and errors identified in the projects databases in terms of collection or encoding.
- Carry out data analysis of various orders according to the request by informing the Medical Referent of the needs expressed in advance.
- Compile monthly data from project locations into a monthly data report and maintain a reporting system for monthly and quarterly reports for all medical activities for the projects, internal and external partners such as different donors, nutritional sector, health sector, SGBV sector, UNICEF and WHO, etc. While ensuring that the requests are in agreement with the organization.
- Participate in cluster and HIS meetings organized by the MoH of Katsina State.
- Troubleshoot problems that may arise with the databases.
Liaise with MoH staff regarding DHIS2;
- In the event of assessment, research, surveys he/she will have to contribute to the preparation of the plan and analysis of the data (recommendation of the software best adapted for high quality analysis).
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the mission.
- Degree in Statistics or a Master's Degree in Epidemiology or Public Health with strong knowledge in Epidemiology and statistics (Required).
- Degree in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing) with strong knowledge in epidemiology and statistics (is an asset).
2-years experience in data analysis & management
- Excellent command of verbal and written English is essential.
- Comprehensive French and locally spoken languages (is an asset)
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Perfect mastery of data processing and analysis software (DHSI2 / National Data Collection System, STATA, Epi Info, Epi Data, others)
- Ability to cope with transfers of data and complicated epidemiological reporting.
- Experience in designing and developing databases for collection of medical data.
- Strong ability to coordinate, priorities and organize workload, work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Experience in conducting a survey using CommCare (is a good asset)
- Experience in conducting Nutritional and Immunization surveys (SMART, SQUEAC etc…)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Highly effective organizational and multitasking skills.
- Team management and good mastery of teamwork
- Adherence to the ALIMA Principles and Charter
- Flawless motivation and result oriented
- Can work under stress & available on request.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter and Credentials as a single attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Send Hard copies of Applications at the address below:
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Office,
Note: ALIMA would not request any kind of favour from any potential applicant.