The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Location: Akwa Ibom
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Program Management
Reports to: Health informatics Specialist
Secondary Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC.
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights.
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations.
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered.
- The overall goal of this role is to support data collection, analysis and interpretation to inform project implementation approach.
- Do critical trend analysis of data from implementation outcomes to support project learnings and best practices
- Supportthematic leads, program and strategic information teams to provide data sequence required for scientific publications and manuscripts.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating learning activities on the project, which would include development of learning topics, protocols, literature review, data collection, data entry, data analysis and reporting.
- Provide data to support the implementation of the learning agenda on the project under the supervision of the CLA Advisor.
- Develop protocols for publications to be submitted to Ethics Review Committee across the 3 project states of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River States
- Participate in data collection, entry and cleaning activities when event demand!
- Maintaining quality controls standards to preserve the integrity of data and findings.
- Analyzing data using various statistical methods
- Conduct qualitative studies using anthropological methods (conversations and Focused Groups Discussions).
- Writing reports summarizing data and the implications of the results.
- Support the utilization of the Child Monitor software.
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor and the SMT
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: This position has no supervisory role
- Internal: CLA Advisor, Thematic Leads, Program, and SI teams
- External:Other Implementing treatment partners, Ministry of Health
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Humanities, Public Health, Health Service Research, Statistics, and any other related discipline.
- Prior experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Prior experience in the use of statistical and graphical analysis software such as STATA, SSPS, and Epi Info.
- Prior experience in writing/contributing to publications.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written formats
- Demonstrable experience in Health informatics and infographics
- Excellent analytic, organizational, and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in health informatics and solutions.
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and are used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN’s core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity, and Collaboration
CCCRN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
"CCCRN’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2023 (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link below, complete the form and submit their CV/resume and Cover Letter.