360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a sister organization to Idmibok International. It is a holistic health development organization bringing expertise and innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities- such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector, we draw on the breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems. 360HSDC has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in tackling the growing incidence of communicable and non-communicable diseases in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- This will begin as a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on, a long-term contract will be dependent on a successful USAID award. The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will lead the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts.
- S/he will lead the analysis and optimization of data collected for quality planning, assessment of progress, improvement, and assurance, and generate activities using continuous quality improvement (QI) approaches that entail problem root cause analysis, rapid-cycle testing, evaluation of the impact of solutions, best practice institutionalization, and spread through learning collaboratives.
- S/he will also promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Provide technical guidance in the planning and implementation of all national, state and LGA level M&E / HIS activities.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, and utilization of measurable project performance indicators for decision-making to improve on program interventions.
- Facilitate capacity building of state structures to institute feedback systems across facilities.
- Conduct routine surveys and evaluations, and utilize findings for reviews, policy advocacy, and adaptive programming.
- Prepare regular QI data feedback reports (monthly and quarterly) including communication and following up with country program team on data submission, validation, and utilization of feedback.
- Oversee the program’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with management.
- Work with Management to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
- Ensure program data quality standard are met through coordinating data quality audits & assessments.
- Build capacity of GoN and project personnel in monitoring and evaluation, data management and data use.
- Provide expert input into the design and analysis phases of the program research portfolio including HIS.
- Support the state team to analyze and use data to inform decisions and guide HIV testing and linkage service delivery.
- Participate in data quality review meetings at the state and LGA levels.
- Work with the Technical experts to train health workers in the use of HMIS tools.
- Advise on and strengthen M&E methodologies and deliverables within the program’s scope of work.
- Support monitoring of quality of service at health facilities.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep senior management informed on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics, or a related discipline.
- At least 10 years progressive experience designing and implementing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities and plans, preferably in health projects related to health systems strengthening.
- Knowledge of major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Progressive experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and research of health development programs of similar scope, size, and complexity, including a firm command of monitoring and evaluation with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support program in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing quality improvement systems.
- Excellent data analysis, presentation and reporting writing skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database, and statistical applications, including DHIS2 for data management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with USG/PEPFAR-funded program reporting requirements.
- Ability to travel to implementation states within the country as needed, with the possibility of extended stay.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a native language.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.