Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is a not-forp-rofit, non-governmental organization dedicated to the improvement of the quality of life of particularly women, children and the youth. Since 2000, WFI have worked closely with key stakeholders to address disease burdens and social deprivations amongst these population through cutting edge, innovative and sustainable solutions.
We seek applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programs Development & Resource Mobilization (PDRM)
Location: Kuje, Abuja
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- This is a fulltime senior management role. The program development and resource mobilization director will work with the Chief Executive Officer of the organization to create programs to be administered.
- She/he will lead the organization’s effort at securing funds, donations and grants to meet the annual budgetary requirements. Additionally, in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, s/he serves as the public relation face of the organization to the external community, attending community events in an effort to build and maintain positive relationships.
- She/he will develop and implement all guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government and donor regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the organization's mission.
- She/he monitors the effectiveness of program, making adjustments as needed and generally required to do more work with fewer resources.
- The holder of this role is expected to leverage our communication and campaign activities to achieve fundraising and advocacy/influencing outcomes that will bring real change and impact to our work in and outside Nigeria. S/he must be well organized and adept at performing many tasks at once. S/he must also be able to communicate effectively with people of all demographics.
- She/he must have good knowledge of all local, state and federal laws and regulations that govern various program areas of interest that will enable her/him over sight fund raising and managing funds from a diversified mix of local and international (private and public) sources including mass engagement, grant making private foundations and bilateral/multilateral donors, because many programs are dependent on public or private funds, she/he must be meticulous in all notes and documentation. It is extremely important that she/he maintain a passion for what she/he is doing and be able to interact with people in crisis, unpleasant environments, underserved and hardtoreach communities.
- The director will be responsible for supervising and training staff within the programs development and resource mobilization department; maintains and operates software databases of previous, current and upcoming initiatives; issues technical advice for compliance with program goals and policies; lead and evaluate designs, develop and coordinate projects.
- She/he must be able to lead committees and task forces set up to improve services and quality and conduct surveys to generate inputs to sharpen project designs and management as well as complete reports as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience
- MD / PhD in Public Health, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, and Organizational development or related course or similar degree with at least eight (8) years postgraduation hands on experience in the NGO work space and at least five (5) years programs design, development and resource mobilization experience. Additionally, management experience is required since the role oversees the performance of others in the program development and resource mobilization team.
- Or M.Sc / MA in Social Science, Public Health or related course (MPH will be an advantage), and a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 7 years’ experience in program design and development, program planning and implementation at the community, state and national level working with public, private and NGO sectors. General program management experience required.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of specific state policies and youth development networks would be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience and ability for programs in slums
- Demonstrated excellent sense of responsibility and discipline
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and document observed activities
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate reports
- Good knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other multimedia communication platforms
- Exceptional ability to multitask, work independently and autonomously
- Fluency at level 5 (distinguished) in spoken and written English
- Experience with providing health and non-health interventions strongly preferred
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local, national and international government officials, civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Passion for working with youth
- The director must have enviable interpersonal attributes when dealing with staff or the public.
- She/he must be a leader and an attentive listener.
- She/he must be a professional design thinker and also possess traits to mentor and motivate.
- She/he must possess the skills of developing and implementing programs, organization and training and knowledge of budget management.
- She/he must be a planner, analyzer and coordinator, problem solver, effective decision maker, skilled in verbal and written communication and able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] using "Director-PDRM, Kuje-FCT" as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. WFI is an equal opportunity Employer and women and physically challenged are encouraged to apply