Havana Specialist Hospital is a foremost Nigerian private hospital where multidisciplinary medicine is practiced at the highest level. Since her inception in the year 1983 Havana Specialist Hospital has continued to be a pace setter in medical service delivery in Lagos and Nigeria at large. To this effect, Havana has since grown to become one of the best hospitals in Nigeria and has been acknowledged by several awards and prestigious recognitions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapy Intern
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
Overall Purpose of the Job
A physiotherapist intern performs routine physical therapy treatments according to patient treatment plans as well as evaluating and treating patients with a wide variety of disabilities in the in-patient ward under the supervision of a senior physiotherapist.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Physiotherapy team to devise and review treatment programs, comprising manual therapy, movement, therapeutic exercise and the application of technological equipment, e.g. ultrasound.
- Works with patients to identify and improve their movement and function; helps promote their patients' health and well-being; assists the rehabilitation process by developing and restoring body systems in particular the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems as directed by a senior physiotherapist.
- Monitor patient flow in the treatment rooms to ensure that all patient are receiving treatments as close to scheduled treatment times as possible and reports to the supervising physiotherapist.
- Attend clinical training sessions as expected.
- Education requirements: a Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy / Medical Rehabilitation (BPT / BMR)
- Must have provisional accreditation of the Medical Rehabilitation Therapists (Registration) Board of Nigeria (MRTB)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite, EMR and other related software
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: