Rockgarden Homes is a prestigious assisted living facility for older adults in Ikorodu, Lagos State. We are guided by passion and excellence, as we provide quintessential care services for senior citizens.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Nurse
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The main function of the Head Nurse (HN) is to deputize for the Nursing Manager.
- The HN will work as part of a team of professionals and medical staff that includes doctors, physiotherapists, and Home Care Assistants, providing care to aged adults in a Residential Setting.
- Providing holistic healthcare to senior citizens in a residential setting.
- Supervise Home Care Assistants and other junior staff.
- Fulfilling all reasonable requests from clients, to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Caring for and educating clients and their relatives about their medical diagnosis, as well as establishing trust and building rapport with clients and their families.
- You will consult with physicians, establish treatment plans, operate medical equipment and perform diagnostic checks and tests.
- Daily monitoring and recording of patrons’ conditions and vital signs
- Documenting daily care services and medication management
- Escorting clients to appointments (doctor, physical therapy, hair salon, etc.)
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate the individual needs of clients.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following aseptic standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards. · S/He will assist older adults with daily tasks such as personal grooming, dressing, and feeding.
- Ability and willingness to help lift patients into and out of their beds, chairs, or bathtubs if required.
- Help patrons care for themselves by teaching the use of walkers, frames, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Supervise junior staff to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitizing of clients’ rooms and the work environment to maintain excellent standards of cleanliness.
- You must be willing and motivated to work extra hours in unusual periods of increased work demands and may be assigned other tasks as management decides.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- BNSc, RN, BS or Diploma in nursing. PPN, BLS, and ACLS will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of practice experience as a registered nurse in a clinical setting.
- Full registration and affiliation with relevant professional bodies with the knowledge, ability and experience of caring for older adults.
- Ability to use electronic medical software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A compassionate, caring, and patient nature.
- Pleasant personality, team player, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in both written and spoken information.
- A flexible and highly adaptable approach to work.
- Attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide first aid during medical emergencies, such as heart attacks, strokes, etc.
- Proven management and administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of more than one major Nigerian language will be an added advantage.
N120,000 - N170,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Willingness and ability to work 20 days in the facility in a month. Accommodation is available onsite.