Skyhigh Medical Centre is a top leading healthcare facility recognized for providing integrated healthcare services. To uphold clinical excellence, patient centricity and ethical practices integral to healthcare and ensure delivery of optimal healthcare service.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Nurse
Location: Magodo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
- Monitor and ensure patient satisfaction and be proactive in managing any issue that is identified.
- Ensure that all nursing practices are meeting the required standards.
- Discuss and promote innovations that will improve patient care
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that relate to the patient management regularly reviewed and updated, as required.
- Investigate incidents, accidents, concerns, non-conformities and complaints pertaining to the wards and team, ensuring that statements are collected within agreed deadlines and in accordance with hospital policies
- Exercise fair and firm leadership, establishing and maintaining high morale on the wards.
- Produce staff duty roasters to meet the activity of the wards/OPD, ensuring that staffing levels appropriately reflect case mix and dependency levels.
- Participate in selection and recruitment process, ensuring that all new staff receive an appropriate and completed induction to the hospital and wards that is documented.
- Ensure the wards comply with all health and safety requirements and that appropriate policies and procedures are in place.
- Ensure that all non-compliances are reported and appropriate actions taken as required.
- Administration of injections
- Administration of oral drugs
- Counseling of patients
- Follow up on all discharged or referred patients
- Making wards environment conducive for patient and relatives
- Monitoring of patient and giving health education to them
- Monitoring of labour cases
- Looking after patient ‘s health after deliveries
- Reporting of patient’ situational pulse to doctors
- Setting of intravenous infusion (when the needs arises)
- Monitoring of the food to be given to the patient
- Management of Nursing staff
- Calling or following up ANC patient when the need arises
- Ensuring functionality of the ward and associated facilities daily.
- Receiving complaints and solve problems of all patients
- Relationship management of in-patients & their relatives
- Ensuring documentation of post & delivery operative note
- Any other assignment from higher authority
- Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife
- Above 5 years working experience as a RN/RM
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job position as the subject of the mail.