The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Field Officer II
Job Reference No: ABJ202200294
Location: Monguno, Borno
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- Under the supervision of the Head of Office Monguno, the health field officer will work in the health team and support in running field activities related to the health program.
- Specifically, sexual and reproductive health.
- S/he will contribute in assessments, planning, implementation, evaluation of the program, and monitoring of the health situation in area of responsibility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all PHC activities in Monguno AOR
- Ensures that referral pathways are defined including for sexual violence.
- Supports other health activities as required. i.e nutrition, preventative/curative care, referrals.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to PHCs, identifies and addresses problems.
- Ensures that the SOP related to PHC/Reproductive health are available in PHCs
- Ensures rational use of drugs and appropriate use of drugs as per national standards,
- Organizes and supports relevant trainings at PHC level including IMCI, nutrition trainings, first aid trainings and Reproductive Health in collaboration with Health Delegate and BPHCDA.
- Ensures that Health Care in Danger is included in all trainings.
- Supports ongoing monitoring of health and curative care activities at PHC level and provides onsite training. Reports issues to the LGA Health Director/SPHCDA.
- Maintains regular contact with relevant interlocutors at State, LGA, and community and conducts joint monitoring of PHCs (minimum of every 3 months) with LGA Health/SPHCDA.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation’s objectives and priorities
- Develop the technical capacity of PHCC staff implementing CMAM and IYCF activities through on the job mentoring
- Provide support supervision to health workers in the supported facilities to improve on delivery of quality nutrition services at the health facilities and communities Follows up patient accounts at referral hospitals (SSHM/UMTH) and prepares documentation for payment as deemed necessary
- Ensures that items from other agencies/MOH are supplied to the PHCC eg. PeP kits, HIV tests, Clean delivery kits, family planning items and vaccines
- Provides input to internal reporting ie data collection, WOR, MAD, MFR, QHTR, weekly reporting
- Understands Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) and disseminates in health programs.
- Supports oral and written translations as required i.e., translating in meetings with ICRC community interlocutors, information leaflets, etc.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) / Midwifery
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as active Nurse/Midwife
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Fluent in oral and written English,
- Fluent in Hausa languages
- Good Computer skills-MS word, Excel.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using the “ABJ202200294 Health Field Officer 2 MNG" as the subject of the mail
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc. (Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.