We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health System Strengthening Officer (HSS Officer)
Job Code: HSS 0020
Grant Duration:Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities:
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Strengthen the integration of HIV services into broader health interventions across supported facilities in Lagos state to enhance program ownership and sustainability.
- Provide technical support to progressively increase government’s leadership (technical, institutional and financial) of the HIV response in the state.
- Liaise with the SMOH to develop and implement a plan for the absorption of ad hoc/ short term hires human resource for health into the state health work force.
- Engage government to increase deployment, distribution and retention of HCW including prioritizing local government areas and health facilities with the highest HIV burden.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure state level health insurance coverage includes HIV care and treatment services and support the mobilization and enrolment of PLHIV into affordable service packages.
- Collaborate with the SMOH (SASCP), SACA and SPHCDA to ensure alignment in the health and non-health sector responses to the HIV epidemic.
- Coordinate quarterly program strategic review meeting of all key stakeholders including government ministries, agencies, departments, health facility teams, civil society and other implementing partners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of annual state HIV work plans with strategic and phased devolvement of key programmatic activities to the host governments.
- Provide strategic policy and technical inputs to the Ministry of Health in the development and implementation of the State Strategic and operational Health Plans.
- Coordinate technical and logistical support for and collaborate with the national clinical mentorship program across the 4 CIHP supported states.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly joint supportive supervisory visits with the SMOH, SACA, National Clinical Mentorship Programs to enhance quality across facilities and community service delivery points.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Services Management or related field, Master degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs.
- Demonstrated experience working in Global Fund or PEPFAR funded comprehensive HIV program.
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian and Lagos state health system.
- Experience in organizational needs assessments, situation analysis, program design and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, cross-cultural and training/mentoring skills.
- Ability to liaise with senior MOH officials, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, the for-profit business community.
- Demonstrated success in building, managing and maintaining effective working relations with key stakeholders and communicating program impact.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an individual and in team assignments
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement (not more than 200 words indicating position and location) in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected] using the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME as the subject of the email e.g. Health System Strengthening Officer (HSS Officer) - HSS 0020 - Lagos - ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will
- be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.