Consequent upon the inconclusive conciliation meeting with the Federal Government team and JOHESU National Leadership held on Thursday, 10th September, 2020 and the resolution of the expanded emergency National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the Joint Health Sector Unions (JOHESU) held physical and virtually today, Saturday, 12th September, 2020, you are hereby directed to inform all your members at Federal Health Institutions nationwide to withdraw their services for seven (7) days commencing from 00:00 hour on Monday, 14th September, 2020.
Thus, in line with the expanded NEC resolution, the following steps should be taken to ensure effective implementation of the strike action:
- Congresses should take place on Monday, 14th September, 2020 across Federal Health facilities nationwide to formally declare the strike in the presence of the press, prayer sessions should also be conducted during the congresses;
- Peacefully occupy the premises of health facilities and do not block the gate;
- A general text from the National Chairman of JOHESU shall be read during congresses and copies given to the press;
- Each branch should communicate in writing the notice of the 7-day warning strike to their management as earlier directed;
- A monitoring / task force team should be put in place with the executives of the five affiliate unions under the leadership of JOHESU branch chairmen;