The First Technical University (Tech-U), Ibadan, invites applications for the JOSEPHUS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP from students Interested and being considered for admission to the University (Tech-U), In the 2022/2023 admission cycle, irrespective of nationality, state of origin, tribe, sex, religion or social status.
The Josephus Foundation Scholarship is a merit-based and highly competitive scholarship endowed by the Josephus Foundation, courtesy of the University Chancellor, Chief (Dr.) Tunde Afolabi, MFR. It is part of the institution's support services to exceptionally brilliant but indigent students who otherwise may not be able to afford university education.
The scholarship is a partial one, covering tuition and accommodation fees only, while the beneficiaries will be responsible for a one-time payment of other municipal and service charges as enumerated in the schedule of fees for undergraduate students, which is available on the University's website. https://tech-u.edu.ng/documents/school-fees-structure
The scholarship will be offered on an annual basis to newly admitted (UTME, JUPEB and direct entry) students and could be held, subject to satisfactory performance, for the duration of a beneficiary's programme of study.
Applicants for the scholarship must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have accepted admission or under consideration for admission to any of the degree programmes at First Technical University, Ibadan, in the on-going 2022/2023 admission cycle.
- Have JAMB score of at least 160 in the 2022 UTME.
- Passed at only one sitting ordinary level English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology/Agricultural Science/Geography at least at the Credit level. In addition, Direct Entry students must have at least Credit at advanced level in any 3 relevant science subjects/National Diploma at Upper Credit.
- Perform satisfactorily in the University Scholarship Screening Examination; and
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.50 to qualify for annual renewal of the scholarship.
- The Josephus scholarship is for only prospective students of the First Technical University, Ibadan.
- Visit the following link to apply, https://tech-u.edu.ng/josephus-foundation-scholarship/
Uploading of ‘O’ Level Results on JAMB’S CAPS PORTAL is a pre-requisite for admission processing
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a competitive aptitude test.