The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Associate - CASCADE
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Classification: E2 – Junior
Duration: 60 Months
Work Travel required: Up to 25%
- The (Catalyzing Strengthened Policy Action for Healthy Diets and Resilience) CASCADE programme goal is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5 in Nigeria
- The programme has two strategic objectives: it aims to increase access to and consumption of healthy diets, as well as increasing the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks with a focus on women of reproductive age and children.
- The programme will galvanise government, business, and communities around 5 domains: Policy changes and accountability; Re-engineering markets and mobilising private sector; Transforming cultural norms and practices; Taking a gender transformative approach; Systematising data and learning for policy.
- GAIN is seeking a Junior Associate in the Nigeria Country Office for this exciting opportunity. The associate will support the implementation of project activities. In addition, this position will report directly to the Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing support for preparation of documents, correspondence and reports.
- Application of computer packages such as word processing, spreadsheets and database,
- Provide general administrative support including mailing, scanning, and photocopying
- Prepare, review, and modify documents including reports, budgets and memos
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Prepare meeting materials, take notes as needed, and arrange refreshments as required
- Arrange for replenishment of office materials as needed.
- Assist in organizing meetings and workshops.
- Arrangement of travel itineraries and costs.
- Maintain filing on project and technical matters
- T&E expenditures reimbursements.
- Minor purchases, order receipting, and retirements of expenses
- Assist with the maintenance of project information in the Project Management Information System (PMIS)
- Assist in the documentation of the CASCADE projects through preparation of documents and report writing.
- Identifying and securing venues, preparation of budgets, raising of POs, securing approvals within GAIN, ensuring that all materials needed are reproduced, and facilitating the smooth running of the workshop.
- Back-stop other Program activities as and when required.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to the Project Manager
- Works closely with the GAIN Nigeria country team
Bachelor's Degree level in Nutrition, Food Science, or related field.
- Proven experience with admin and procurement functions
- Excellent writing skill is required
- Strong analytical and technical abilities
- Basic ability to hold Self leadership
- Ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with development agencies, and governments in multiple cultures
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environment
- IT literate with excellent MS Office skills including advanced Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written): fluent in English
- Ability to manage online communication platforms
- Be willing to travel
- Comfortable with working under pressure/tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work alone and in a team setting.
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
NGN 5,139,552 - NGN 5,860,896 / Annum, depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here for more information (PDF)