Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor
Job ID: 2023-5038
Employment Status: Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- We are seeking to engage a Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor for the USAID funded, “MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership- Gender-based Violence Project”.
- The Knowledge Management and Communications Advisor will lead and be responsible for overall knowledge management, general communications, and learning functions for the project as well as provide KM/communications support to other Jhpiego projects;
- The KM/Communications Advisor will be responsible for developing well written information and knowledge products and other communication pieces with high quality photos, videos, infographics or stories for MCGL/Jhpiego Nigeria.
- The Advisor will work closely with colleagues to identify KM needs as well as harness and package knowledge for dissemination through different means, and varied audience through sound program knowledge and experience.
- The KM & Comms Manager will work closely with the Senior Program Manager and report to the Project Director.
- Develop high-level communications products to showcase the work of MCGL to key audience in an on-going basis, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and general public
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leverage good practices to improve programs
- Work closely with MCGL staff to develop information products and learning materials which include diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- Develop stories/narratives reports about the work and best practices of MCGL for a variety of media.
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed and maintain KM systems
- Provide editorial services for documents and presentations, including formatting, style and accuracy of a text, grammar and punctuation and copy editing
- Develop a repository of relevant MCGL documents and materials on OneJhpiego.
- Identifying cross cutting capacity building needs of technical and programmatic staff, plan and coordinate capacity building activities for staff such as brown bag lunches to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements/position Jhpiego.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication materials.
- Contribute to program design, workplan development and tracking systems. Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Work closely with the MCGL management and technical leads to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy.
- Develop and update MCGL communication plan and execute same.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field
- 7-8 Years’ experience working in knowledge management and communications for public health, especially USAID development projects
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: