Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
Job ID: 2022-4821
Category: International Positions
- Jhpiego Seeks to engage a Knowledge Management, Communications and Program Manager to provide 4-5 months Leave cover maintaining the knowledge management systems for the USAID Fund-funded, “Reaching Impact, Saturation and Epidemic Control project.
- The four months period from December 2022 through March 2023 will include an onboarding phase with the substantive Programs, Knowledge Mgt & Comms Manager; a 3 months Maternity Leave cover and an handover/exit phase.
- The Knowledge Management, Communications and Program Manager will work to improve the knowledge management systems for RISE and Jhpiego program and technical resources; enhance communication and visibility of project learnings and support effective implementation of program implementation, reporting and documentation.
- The Manager will bridge the relevant work done by RISE and Jhpiego as well as harness and package this knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, client, and partner organization through sound program knowledge and experience.
- Manager will lead and advance the adoption of good and promising practices in HIV/AIDS. The KM & Comms Manager will work closely with the Senior Program Manager and report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Using existing promising and best practices, develop implementation strategies and contribute to the increasing pool of knowledge and experts in HIV/AIDS.
- Develop high-level communications products to showcase the work of RISE to key constituents, including but not limited to the donor, Government of Nigeria, policy makers, partner organizations, the media, and academic and research institutions.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs
- Increase visibility and outreach for Jhpiego programs – RISE through development of communications products (Electronic and Print)
- Work closely with the RISE senior management and technical leads to coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive internal and external relations, communications and publications strategy.
- Develop and updated RISE communication plan. Execute the communications strategy and plans for RISE Nigeria.
- Develop a repository of relevant RISE documents and materials on OneJhpiego.
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Providing guidance on tools and strategies on how best to engage field staff in an interactive two-way flow of information and communication and how to improve the flow of knowledge and information coming from the field so it can be disseminated globally
- Identifying cross cutting capacity building needs of technical and programmatic staff, plan and coordinate KM brown bag sessions for RISE and Jhpiego team
- Develop stories/narratives reports about the work and best practices of RISE for a variety of media.
- Ensure cohesion across knowledge and learning activities in- country.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication materials.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Work closely with RISE staff to develop information products and learning materials.
- Communicate the mission, projects, events, resources and success stories as well as plan and coordinate promotional events and develop strategic communications, to various targeted audiences.
- Identify international meetings, working groups and events that require participation and presence.
- Develop IEC materials, job aids, publications and presentations as needed and maintain KM systems
- Contribute to Program management and State support program planning, implementation and reporting
- Contribute to program design, workplan development and tracking systems
- Contribute to strengthening National stakeholder’s engagement activities and relevant products
- Undertake duties as specified by the Deputy Chief of Party and other assigned authorities.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field
- 7-8 Years’ experience working in knowledge management and communications for public health, especially USAID development projects in HIV/AIDS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with infographics software
- Comprehensive understanding of current HIV/AIDS technical priorities and players
- Proven capacity to carry-out research, analysis, strategic planning and work planning activities
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong program management and analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Excellent computer skills – MSOffice, creative software, infographic programs
- Ability to develop compelling infographics to support data and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with pleasant and outgoing personality
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment, with self-motivation
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision
Monthly Gross Salary Range
- NGN875,000 - NGN960,000 monthly.
- Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.