Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LMD Performance Improvement and Warehousing Advisor
Scope of Work
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the LMD performance Improvement and Warehousing Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) program.
- GHSC-PSM project provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- A key component of the project is broad support for Malaria program implementation, GHSC-PSM has been asked to ensure commodity security and support efforts to increase access to essential commodities in the supported states.
- The LMD performance Improvement and Warehousing Advisor, will perform function within the Warehousing and Distribution team under the directive of the Director, Warehousing and Distribution, to ensure effective and efficient warehousing and distribution activities for enhanced project outcomes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, LMD Performance Improvement, support in the development of the bimonthly LMD process integrated master schedule (IMS) for enhanced visibility and tracking to ensure appropriate coordination and timely execution of LMD processes
- Support in facilitating the daily LMD continuous process improvement meetings for enhanced efficiencies and achievement of project goals.
- Support the Senior Manager, LMD Performance Improvement, in collating distribution scorecards for all 3PL service providers to guide 3PL vendor performance review meetings.
- In liaison with the continual process improvement / incident management team, and under the guidance of the Senior Manager, LMD Performance Improvement, support in the coordination of the bimonthly distribution 3PL performance review meetings and follow through for the execution of corrective and preventive actions for improvements
- Support the Manager, Warehousing to ensure close monitoring of warehouse space utilization to ensure adequate warehousing space is available for all procured/ordered health program commodities and as well ensure that warehouse service bill match actual utilization.
- Support the Manager, Warehousing, to conduct periodic review of the routine stock report for all project’s commodities stored at the 3PL managed warehouses and probe for correctness prior to its use for decision making.
- Support the operationalization of the Project’s m-supply inventory management shadow system for enhanced stock tracking and periodic stock audit as guided by the Manager, Warehousing.
- Support the Manager, Warehousing, in the conduct of periodic physical stock count at the 3PL managed warehouses for increased project’s visibility to stock situations as required
- Support the warehouse service providers to ensure compliance with standard practices and procedures and assure quality of services offered per the guidance of the Manager, Warehousing.
- Working with the warehouses, regularly provide support, coordination, and technical assistance to the 3PL on warehousing and distribution activities such as receipt, pick, pack and dispatch of cold chain and non-cold chain public health program commodities for onward distribution to health facilities, under the guidance of the Manager, Warehousing.
- Support in identifying, flagging, and reporting, where possible, addressing all transport 3PL non-conformances or adverse reports (some of which bother on suspicion of fraud, commodity loss, by proxy delivery, lagging delivery times, use of non-compliant vehicles etc.) to/with the respective unit / activity leads for immediate resolution.
- Support the collation of commodities waste drive data to facilitate the project’s annual commodities waste drive.
- Compile and submit periodic daily, weekly, and monthly reports of W&D activities as may be required to enhance project visibility.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Contribute to showcasing GHSC-PSM Nigeria successes through technical report writing, development of abstracts, articles and other technical documents, as may be required.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director, Warehousing and Distribution or his/her designate.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics Management, Science or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Health program, preferably in health care supply chain management.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs required.
- In depth knowledge of the Nigerian public health supply chain landscape is required
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to USAID, in-country Ministries of Health, GHSC-PSM project field offices, other USAID and non-USAID project field offices, international donors, implementing partners, and inter-agency initiatives.
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, other donors, consultants, vendors and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
The LMD performance Improvement and Warehousing Advisor will report directly to the Manager, Warehousing on all warehousing matters and report to the Senior Manager LMD Performance Improvement and Commodities Waste Drive on all LMD performance improvement and commodities waste drive matters.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
This is a Long-term position from based in Abuja, Nigeria with travel to other states as may be required.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: