Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Advisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a work plan for PSM project for Public Health Commodities Logistics system strengthening activities in collaboration with staff and partners.
- Provide support in coordinating technical assistance to State Ministries of Health and stakeholders within the state for the implementation and management of the Logistics Management System for HIV, Family Planning, malaria, and TB programs to ensure uninterrupted commodity availability in supported health facilities.
- Monitor and provide supportive supervision to the state level teams as appropriate.
- Coordinate feedback to health facilities and support performance improvement strategies relating to commodity management challenges through routine monitoring and supportive visits.
- Collaborate with other PSM staff in harmonization of efforts for the logistics systems in the health sector to establish a harmonized commodity logistics system including logistics management information system (LMIS) for use in managing all different commodity groups
- Work closely with the manager on managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with stakeholders
- Help write quarterly and annual reports for submission to program funders
- Contribute to identifying best practices and success stories for PSM's periodic logistics bulletin
- Participate in annual national/state quantification and procurement planning of PH commodities, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Any other duties as assigned
Facility Level Reporting, Replenishment and Receiving:
- Ensure donor-procured health commodities “stock on-hand” in health facilities continuously falls within the min/max range established for each product by supporting the LMCU to:
- Collate distribution plans, last mile delivery (LMD) orders, truck schedules, etc. to support last mile delivery (LMD)
- Support assessment activities (EUV, storage facilities, supply chain, LIAT, LSAT, etc.)
- Support LMIS report collection and LMD activities at the state level
- Support the role out and implementation of an e-LMIS system (NAVISION) at the state
- Facilitate the reporting of stock status for programs the project support in the state
- Ensure effective monitoring of last mile distribution activities in the state and promptly report incidences emanating from the LMD for resolution
Coordination and Governance:
Support performance monitoring across all programs in your state. Collate feedback using activity performance monitoring tool from colleagues in the state
- Collate and organize budgets for PSM Project work plan activities at the states for approval and implementation
- Draft summary monthly state level activity reports for the state
- Oversee the collation and transmission of activity budgets for the state
- Participate in routine meetings of procurement and supply management coordination working groups and committees for PH commodities
- Participate in state and national level meetings as required
- A First Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Advanced Degree will be an added advantage
- 4 to 7 years of professional experience in health programs for Logistics Advisor position, preferably in healthcare supply chain management
- Proven experience in managing public health programs or projects in Nigeria or similar developing country context
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
The Logistics advisor will report directly to the Director of Program Operations or his/her designee.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: