ASI UKPO DIAGNOSTICS & MEDICALS LIMITED, operator of ASI Ukpo Hospitals, is about to commence operation of the ASI Ukpo Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Calabar. This facility is poised to be the premier comprehensive cancer treatment centre in the South-South and South-East of Nigeria. We seek suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacancies:
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL PHYSICIST
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of M.Sc. in Medical Physics
- A minimum of 5 years cognate post qualification experience is desirable, including Planning for external-beam and brachytherapy treatments, and showing incremental experience and responsibilities.
- Current registration as required by the relevant regulatory body.
- Strong interest in medicine and patient care.
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal, mathematical, analytical, IT, communication and problem solving skills.
- A logical and enquiring mind, concentration, and attention to detail.
- Work as an effective team member, and in a fast paced environment.
- Perform all duties using proper body mechanics.
- Stand for long periods as may be required, with frequent squatting, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching to prepare equipment, materials or objects in order to provide patient care and/ or maintain the patient environment.
- Work with a medical team to create treatment plans, acquire and store data for treatment plans, as well as calculate dose distributions and machine settings for effective treatment delivery.
- Instruct radiation therapist in accurate patient positioning and immobilization on the treatment couch or scanning table.
- Perform acceptance testing, commissioning and calibration of all treatment related equipment.
- Perform timely scheduled quality assurance measurements for treatment plan delivery and treatment equipment performance, with accurate logs, stored electronically.
- Troubleshoot and rectify minor issues affecting treatment delivery equipment
- Manage radiotherapy quality assurance programmes, perform radiation safety officer services, and provide advice about radiation protection on a continuous basis.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send copies of Covering letter indicating the position applied for, current & expected salary, CV, degree certificates, practice/registration certificates, and any other relevant supporting documents to:
[email protected] using MEDICAL PHYSICIST as the subject of the email.
Note: Late/incomplete applications will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date: 26th March 2021.