The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is recruiting for its project in Maiduguri, Borno State:
Job Title: Biomed Technicians
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Performing autonomously and following up, the maintenance and correct report of the biomed equipment in the project/mission and ensuring regularly that the usual medical maintenance are done properly according to MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure the equipment are in effect running conditions
Performing and carrying out, all necessary complex/advanced installation, maintenance and repair of MSF biomedical equipment and ensuring that as few items are out of service at any given time. This includes the following tasks:
- Organizing and participating in the installation of biomedical equipment
- Following the schedule and carrying out preventive and curative maintenance works for the equipment according to the MSF and / or manufacturer’s protocols, manuals, and recommendations and ensuring that cleaning and simple maintenance are properly carried out by medical staff.
- Reporting any issues or problems on biomed equipment to his/her supervisor and proposing solutions (training of staff on a device, operating procedures, etc). if maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools, this shall be requested from and provided by his/her supervisor.
- Participating in organizing user training where required
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safety used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated
- Keeping working area clean and tidy
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions) and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance
Education – Diploma as Biomedical Technician preferred
Experience – Experience in a technical field (minimum 2 years’ experience)
Pedagogical skills are an asset
Languages – Mission language desirable and local language essential
Knowledge – Know and understand all the biomedical devices present on the project(s) including the operating principle, use and technical documentation, of each biomedical equipment on the projct/mission
- Results and quality orientation 11
- Teamwork and cooperation 11
- Behavioural Flexibility 11
- Commitment to MSF principles 11
- Service Orientation 11
- Stress Management 12
Gwange Pediatric Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State (Nigeria)
Fixed Term Contract (Malaria Peak)
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin; Office in 80 Benue Road, Old GRA, Maiduguri, Borno State (“Application Box” at the gate of MSF office Maiduguri)
Deadline for the submission of applications: 22nd June 2020 by 5pm
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date
Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.