Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor (POOL)
Locations: Zurmi and Shinkafi, Zamfara
Report to: Project Medical Referent
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
No of Places: 2 (Two)
Contract Duration: 3 months
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge, skills to diagnose, and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments - in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing biohazard risks and improving infection control. Endures Professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Education: Essential- Medical Doctor, MBBS or equivalent, from an accredited institution/Medical College. Essential Diploma in Tropical Medicine.
- Experience: 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, Obs and Gynae, Paediatrics, Nutrition, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or with surgery.
- Languages: English and Hausa.
- Knowledge: Essential- computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Competencies: People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results, Teamwork.
NGN 7,228,039 (Annual basic Salary +13th month) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copy of Practicing Licence, copies of credentials and NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) either by email to: [email protected] (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non- returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.