DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist (Microbiology)
- Analyse body fluids or tissues using microscope or automatic analyser to detect abnormalities or diseases
- Conduct blood tests and perform blood counts
- Examine cells and cultures to find abnormalities.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment
- Analyse results of tests
- Record test data
- Work with a pathologist when abnormal cells are found
- Prepare standard solutions or reagents to be combined with samples
- Collaborate with other lab staff members and may interact with nurses and other medical professionals to receive various specimens and samples.
- Maintain lab safety at all times by following safe handling and quality control processes and wearing proper protective gear. This includes maintaining a sterile lab environment to avoid any cross-contamination of specimens and samples.
- Maintain laboratory logs to track samples and specimens, recording when these materials are moved to various areas within the lab so they can be accessed quickly as needed.
- Lead a team of other laboratory technicians while supervising to ensure productivity of quality jobs.
- BSc Medical Laboratory Science from a recognised university with relevant professional license.
- A Minimum of 3 years Post NYSC experience.
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Experience with Neonates
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: All applicants are to send a detailed CV listing job duties at each place of work experience.