St. Luke's Hospital provides the best in diagnostic testing by combining the sophisticated power of technology with the expertise of highly skilled doctors and specialists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Director, the medical officer assists consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of a Consultant Family Physician.
- The medical officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are initially implemented.
- They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individuals and families.
- Ensuring that patient care is optimal in adherence to the clinical guidelines and St Luke’s Hospital quality standards.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient reviews with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24-hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking, within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues
Qualifications & Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general medicine.
- Certification - Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Primaries in Family Medicine will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their CV and Application Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit their Applications in person at:
St. Luke’s Hospital,
Opposite Delta Broadcasting Service, DBS Road,
Asaba, Delta State.