GreenTech Industries Limited is a foremost indigenous value added technology driven manufacturer and processor of cassava tubers, corn and sweet potatoes into pharmaceutical and food grade industrial starch. Our current annual installed production line processing capacity is 200,000 metric tons of raw cassava root tubers with the plan to activate second production line of similar capacity using corn as feedstock. GTI products are processed to serve both the local and international pharmaceutical and food/beverage native starch markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: Agbara, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the work environment is always cleared and tided (swab work bench with isopropanol) either before, during, or after work exercise.
- Responsible for decontaminating, and proper washing of used instruments (including the glassware i.e. Petri dishes, pipette, and beaker) with ethanol, soap, and water and sterilizing of plates.
- Ensure plates and equipment are properly sterilized before needed.
- During production, the analyst is responsible for the collection and proper labeling of samples (starch, in-process slurry, water) at intervals as required.
- Responsible for all microbial analysis and interpretation of the microbial results of samples tested.
- Responsible for proper documentation of microbial results obtained and transfer of microbial results to general result record as at when due.
- Assist with monitoring of quality during production when there is nothing to be done in the microbial laboratory.
- Ensure microbiological equipment and instruments are properly taken care of and well maintained, also ensure to report abnormalities associated with equipment to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensure monitor cleaning –in-place when being carried out and ensure proper documentation in the CIP record.
- Ensure to take swabs before and after CIP for microbial analysis. Also, ensure to take swabs for pathogen monitoring test and cleaning validation test when required.
- Ensure that personnel’s personal hygiene is of high level and document properly as at when required.
- HND / B.Sc. in Microbiology from a reputable institution.
- 2-5 years of working experience.
- Good team player and resourceful in project completion.
- Flexibility in learning new skills and techniques.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Efficient leadership and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
20th December, 2023.
How to Apply