The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research & Africa Centre for Excellence in Neglected Tropical Diseases and Forensic Biotechnology Ahmadu Bello University Present A 5 Day Training Workshop
Theme: From Basic PCR in Trypanosomes to Bioinformatics
Date: 19th – 23rd October 2020
Time: 8:am – 5:30pm daily
Venue: Biomedical Training & Cancer Research Centre Nigerian Institute of Medical Research
Workshop Fees: N60,000
Payment Details: A.C.E for Neglected Tropical Diseases and Forensic Biotech
Bank: U.B.A Plc, Samaru
Acc. No: 1018133469
- Workshop is open to researchers, lecturers, medical laboratory scientists.
- Only 20 participants will be shortlisted
- Participant will be required to come with their laptop and internet facility.
Closing deadline for applicants: 30th June, 2020
LECTURES AND PRACTICAL’S WILL BE DELIVERED ON:
- Basic concepts and central Dogma of Molecuar Biology, PCR methods in Trypanosomes research
- Elution of DNA and extraction of DNA from blood spots
- Introduction to Bioinformatics, Computational Biology: Methods and approaches
- Sequencing technologies, Multiple sequence alignments
- Phylogeny and phylogenetic trees, genome browsers and data mining (NCBI & Ensembi). Protein analyses an proscan and primer design, importance of quality control in NGS analysis.
Facilitators: Prof. S. I Smith, Dr. A.O Adediji, Dr. A. Afolayan, Dr. A. Ajayi, Dr. O. Adebesin, Mr. Olumide
Contact for more details: Prof. S.I Smith – 08037058989, Dr. A. Ajayi – 08054175996
Chief host: Prof. Babatunde Lawal Salako