Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with specialty in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Locations: Ikorodu, Lagos and Ijebu Imushin, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Nursing/Clinical Service Practice Manager
- A Nursing Officer is responsible for treating patients who are sick and injured, counselling, offering advice and emotional support to patients and their families, taking care of paperwork and providing advice and follow-up care.
Key Responsibilities (Morning Duty in the Admissions)
- Check payment for surgery
- Take patient to appropiete Quarters
- Admit patient into the already prepared room ,day care or ops as case may be
- Check vital signs
- Care of patient using the check list
- Get patients ready for surgery
- Write admission room in the board and book
- Ensure biometry is done for patient
- Ensure pre op lab test done by calling the lab scientist.
- Take consent from patient
- Ensure prosthesis is removed and well preserved
- Transfer the patient into the theatre with file
- Ensure all pre GA patients are cared for adequately
- Ensure post op care of all GA patients
- Give medications and injection if necessary
- Attend post op cases with residents and consultants
- Enter comorbidity and pre op VA of all surgery cases
- Report writting
- Adequate room to room handover
- Ensure discharge form is entered in the computer
- Ensure admission and discharge book is adequately documented
Key Responsibilities (Night Duty In the Admissions)
- Adequate take over of ward by ensuring room to room hand over.
- Ensure post op vital signs
- Medications and injection
- Instillation of eye drops
- Care of post op GA patient inside and outside the theatre
- Removal patient eye pad
- Post op VA of patient
- Tag the patient files
- Attend to post op patients with resident.
- Attend to outpatient
- Report writting
- Hand over in theatre
- Hand over in clinic
- On Sundays, to do weekly clinic sale summary
- Responsibilities for Nurses (Morning Duty)
- Ensure you attend the morning meetings and hurdles at 8am
- Ensure the clinic is ready by 8.10 am .
- Ensure facial tissue,purit are in the consulting room
- Ensure prescription sheet,lenses ,appointment sheet are in the consulting room
- Ensure ROS pack is in the consulting room
- Ensure indirect opthalmoscope is in consulting room
- Ensure slit lamp is on and tested and ok
- Ensure the computer is ready for indigo
- Call the right patient in to see the consultant or resident as the case may be
- Enter details on the indigo.
- Take the file out to the outstationed nurse or ncop.
- Ensure patients are attended to accordingly
- Ensure the slit lamps are covered at the end of the clinic
- If less busy at allocated point will be pulled to other busy points
- Counsel patients and record appropriately
- If on duty on Sunday, the slit lamps shoud be cleaned, savlon bottles washed and refilled per week quantity.
- Supervision on weekend duty
- Responsibilities for Outside Stationed Nurse
- Collect file from inside stationed ncop
- Ensure instructions are carried out e.g dilation,navigation to procedure or pharmacy or counselling dept etc
- Ensure VA is done for patients if allocated to VA Room
- Ensure vital signs are done in VA Room
- Responsibilities of Nurses (Night Duty)
- Take over from the morning nurses in clinic and on admission
- Ensure drugs are sold
- Ensure bills are raised and cash collected
- Ensure GA patient is adequately taken care of
- Ensure vital signs
- Ensure removal of eye pad
- Ensure post op VA
- Write report
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be Compassionate
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication Skills
- Strong Professional Conduct.
- Commitment to Safety.
- Attention to Detail.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.