GUIDELINES/PROTOCOLS FOR THE CONDUCT OF MAY AND SEPTEMBER, 2020 PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATIONS FOR GENERAL NURSES/POST BASIC AND MIDWIVES
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigerian wishes to inform you that the Honourable Minister of Health has approved the conduct of May and September, 2020 Professional Examination for General Nurses/Post Basic and Midwives.
1. The aforementioned examinations are scheduled to hold as follows:
a) General Nursing / Post Basic Examination from Tuesday 25th to Friday 28th August, 2020
b) Midwifery Examination from Tuesday 22nd to Friday 25th September, 2020
In view of the above, all Heads of Institutions who have registered candidates for the above examinations are hereby directed to strictly adhere to the preventive protocols of COVID-19 provided by the Presidential Task Force (PTF), National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Federal Ministry of Health by taking note of the following:
- Decontamination of the Examination halls and the furniture
- Provision of adequate hand washing facilities around the examination centers
- Provision and use of alcohol based hand sanitizer at the centers of the examination
- Provision and use of infrared thermometer for assessment of body temperature
- Compulsory use of face masks by all the candidates and any other person participating in the examinations.
- Single seating arrangement for all students in order to maintain physical distance policy of not more than twenty-five (25) candidates in a class room and hundred (100) in an auditorium.
- Institutions with more than one hundred (100) candidates are to send details of their sitting arrangement to the Council on or before Friday 31st July, 2020 to allow for the conduct of inspection before the examination.
- Failure to comply with (7) above, council will approve maximum of Fifty (50) candidates for the institution(s).
Please note that the portal will be opened for registration of eligible candidates for September, 2020 Professional Examination for Midwives on Monday 3rd August, 2020.
It is pertinent to further note that all institutions are to ensure the above mentioned guidelines/protocols are put in place in order to partake in the aforementioned examinations.
Thank you for your cooperation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria in promoting and maintaining excellence in Nursing education and practice in line with global best practices.
Faruk Umar Abubakar FWACN