I am pleased to inform you that the Honourable Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, has approved the release of results of the Professional Examination in General / Post Basic Nursing - November, 2023
2. Summary of the results are as follows:
Summary of the results indicated that twelve thousand, four hundred and seventy - seven (12,477) candidates were successful representing 87% with the breakdown as follows:
i. General Nursing Programme: Nine thousand and six (9,006) candidates were successful in the examination representing 90% pass
ii. Post Basic Nursing Programme: One thousand nine hundred and twenty - one (1,921) candidates were successful in the examination representing 86% pass
iii. Refresher Programme: Forty - eight (48) candidates were successful in the examination representing 68% pass
iv. Foreign Trained Nurses: Two hundred and ninety (290) candidates were successful in the examination representing 65% pass
v. Public Health Nursing Programme: Six hundred and thirty - seven (637) candidates were successful in the examination representing (89%) pass.
vi. Community Nursing Programme: Five hundred and fifteen (515) candidates were successful in the examination representing 64% pass
3. Heads of training institutions are hereby directed to check the result of their institution(s) on-line as from Sunday 12th November, 2023.
4. Successful candidates are hereby directed to visit the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Portal (portal.nmcn.gov.ng) to apply on-line for Registration and Licencing with effect from Sunday 12th November, 2023
5. Please note that on-line registration formalities including payment of registration fee is to be completed within ninety (90) days. Also note that late registration attracts a penalty fee of sixteen thousand, two hundred and fifty Naira (N16,250.00) only per applicant after ninety (90) days.
Additionally, a penalty fee of six thousand, five hundred and sixty - two Naira (N6,562.00) only will be charged per year in default of first licensing.
6. Please note that the next Professional Examination for General / Post Basic Nursing is scheduled to hold from Tuesday 7th - Friday 10th May, 2024.
7. Heads of nursing training institutions are hereby requested to send statistics using Examination Application Checklist (EAC) for May 2024 Professional Examination to [email protected] on or before 30th January, 2024 EAC received after this date will be out-rightly rejected.
8. Please acknowledge receipt of the result and contact the Registrar / CEO immediately for rectification of any error. Council will be not entertain any Complaint after 30 days of release of result.
9. All correspondences should be addressed to the Registrar / CEO, Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Headquarter Office, Life Camp, Abuja.
10. On behalf of the Management of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, I hereby extend our sincere congratulations to all successful candidates and wish them success in their future endeavour.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in promoting and maintaining Excellence in Nursing Education and Practice in Nigeria in line with global best practices.
Faruk Umar Abubakar PhD, RN, FWACN
Secretary - General / Registrar