RELEASE OF RESULTS OF THE PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION IN MIDWIFERY - SEPTEMBER 2023
I am pleased to inform you that the Coordinating Honourable Minister of Health and Social Welfare has approved the release of results of the Professional Examination in Midwifery - September 2023.
2. Summary of the results indicated that three thousand, four hundred and eighty-nine (3,489) candidates were successful representing 88% with the breakdown as follows:
a) Post Basic Midwifery: One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-six (1,826) candidates were successful, representing 96% pass.
b) i. Basic Midwifery: One thousand, three hundred and five (1,305) candidates were successful, representing 77% pass.
ii. Basic Midwifery (Refresher): Eleven (11) candidates were successful, representing 85% pass.
c) Community Midwifery: Three hundred and forty-seven (347) candidates were successful, representing 88% pass.
3. Heads of the training institutions are hereby directed to check the result of their institution(s) on-line as from Wednesday 20th September, 2023.
4. Successful candidates are hereby directed to visit the portal of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (portal.nmcn.gov.ng) to apply for Registration and Licensing on-line with effect from Wednesday 20th September, 2023.
5. Please note that on-line registration formalities including payment are to be completed within ninety (90) days. Late registration attracts a penalty fee of Sixteen thousand, two hundred and fifty Naira 9N16,250.00) only per applicant after ninety (90) days. Any application initiated and not completed within seven (7) days will be invalid.
6. Furthermore, the next professional examination in Midwifery is to hold from Tuesday 12th - Friday 15th March, 2024.
7. Heads of nursing training institutions are hereby directed to send the statistics of eligible candidates and Examination Application Checklist for March 2023 Professional Examination in Midwifery to the Council on or before 30th October, 2023. Failure to comply with the above directives indicate that the institution(s) do not have candidate(s) for the examination.
8. Please acknowledge receipt of the result and contact the Registrar for rectification of any error within thirty (30) days. Council will not entertain any complaint after thirty (30) days of release of result.
9. All correspondences should be addressed to the Registrar, Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, Headquarters Office, Plot 713, Cadastral Zone, Life Camp, Abuja.
10. On behalf of the Management of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, I hereby extend our sincere congratulations to all successful candidates and wish them success in their future endeavour.
Faruk Umar Abubakar PhD, RN, FWAPCNM