Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 - 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Location: Magumeri, Borno
- This role of the Nutrition Assistant is to provide support to the field Assistants/ community nutrition workers in the Project’s Communities in implementing the nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) while integrating with other sectoral interventions.
- The nutrition Assistant will also work with other agencies providing nutrition services in ensuring linkage of nutrition beneficiaries. Throughout intervention, the Nutrition Assistant will work towards ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
- Ensure quality of nutrition screening for children under-5 conducted by Community Nutrition Mobilizers in target Communities.
- Ensure quality of IYCF counselling sessions provided individual level and group sessions
- With support from the Nutrition Officer, ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in Project supported Communities.
- Ensure that community nutrition interventions (MUAC screening and Referral, IYCF (MSGs, food demonstrations) and hygiene promotion are integrated
- Build capacity of CNMs /field Assistants and Mother Leaders by providing on-the-job training on CMAM and IYCF.
- Support Project level nutrition assessment / surveys as approved by Donor.
- Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting on all areas of implementation
- Liaise closely with the MEAL team so as to understand the project outcomes
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
- Any other additional responsibility as communicated by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Nutrition, Health, Public Health or any related fields.
- Must have at least 1 year work experience
- Experience in Nutrition and community-based programming will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian context.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understands Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to "The Human Resource Department, Relief Rescue Initiative" via: [email protected]
Submit a hard copy at: Magumeri, Borno State
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.