Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Department: Programmes - Nutrition and Health
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Proposed Start date: July, 2022
We are currently looking to fill the role of Nutrition and Health Programme Manager who will be responsible for the overall management including personnel, Budget, Logistics and work plans management of Health and Nutrition project implemented in Borno state (Jere, Maiduguri, Monguno and Konduga LGAs).
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action against Hunger, country and international standards;
- In collaboration with the Nutrition and Health HOD, support the development of strategies addressing the problems linked to poor health and malnutrition in the Northeast region;
- In collaboration with Nutrition and Health HOD/DHOD ensure continued review of remote management strategy based on the evolving context, work closely with relevant Government agencies to ensure quality in implementation of remotely managed programs;
- Support the Institutional Capacity Building Engagement DPM on identification of gap for health facilities using HSS lens and planning improvement plans based HSS components;
- Monitoring the budget and targets achieved with reference to the project proposal, and making any necessary adjustments in consultation with the Finance Manager in the base and the Area Coordinator;
- Contribute monthly budget forecast and budget review including monthly BFU review;
- Sharing information on a regular basis with the Area Coordinator and the Program Managers in charge of Mental Health and Care Practices, Food Security and Livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene in order to promote the development of an integrated approach;
- Representing nutritional and health issues at the level of the programme and the geographical area of intervention in the state and LGA coordination meetings, meetings with the authorities and visits by funding bodies and partners;
- Ensuring that the relationship established with partners respects the principles and values of Action against Hunger partnership policy (currently being developed: trust, respect, common purpose, complementarity, transparency, mutual dependency and shared learning...);
- Prepares and share for technical review monthly activity progress report (APR) both qualitative and quantitative using AAH standard APR templates validated by Nutrition and Health HoD/DHoD and MEAL team, this should also integrate all indicators to be reported to donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Heath and Nutrition Programming;
- Have better understanding of health system strengthening and familiar with government health initiatives primary health care under one roof and the pillars, CHIPS programming, task shifting and task sharing policies, drug revolving funds and others;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Three years relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Fluency in Hausa preferably.
Starting Basic Salary
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.