St Edmund’s is a premier clinic and hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmology care in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse
The Ophthalmic Nurse work directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist with Ophthalmology procedures and clinicals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient's Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Membership is a professional nursing organization desired
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
- Patient-focused approach
- Good counseling and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.