Dash Ambulance Emergency Services is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paramedic
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a trained paramedics to be part of our team of professional emergency responders attending primarily out-of-hospital medical incidents and administering pre-hospital care. We are interested in committed, self-motivated, focused and compassionate persons to fill this gap. The job isn’t simple, but it is very rewarding.
- As a Dash Health® paramedic, you’re expected to be fast-thinking and know how to keep calm during emergency situations.
- To be effective in this role, you should have the ability to quickly and accurately assess each patient’s medical condition and figure out an appropriate course of treatment.
- You should also be able to adapt to different emergencies quickly as they may encounter anything from car accidents, house fires, cardiac arrests, or crime scenes within any given workday.
- We would love to have you on our team of talented and detail-oriented medical professionals, where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop and exercise your valuable skills as you benefit the lives of others.
- As a Dash Ambulance® paramedic, your dedication will be rewarded with plenty of growth and advancement opportunities. We need someone like you, who not only wants to make a difference but also has the determination and the skills necessary to do so.
- Operate ambulance equipment and respond to ambulance pickup requests using our various platforms and services.
- Pre-planning for medical emergencies, including organizing and calibrating equipment appropriately to make for easy identification and use.
- Evaluate the patient’s condition on the scene and perform preliminary diagnosis
- Attend to injuries or sudden illnesses by applying a variety of pre-hospital simple and advanced treatments (first aid, CPR, administering injections and oxygen etc.) or surgical procedures
- Use tech equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment
- Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
- Collaborate with interested parties (police, firefighting unit, doctors etc.)
- Write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
- Keep abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training
- Administer life support, first-aid treatment, and other forms of prehospital emergency care to people who are injured or sick.
- Operate equipment such as bag valve mask resuscitators, external defibrillators and electrocardiograms for advanced life support applications.
- Assess patients’ injury severity and type and quickly begin appropriate medical procedures.
- Careful handling of the patient to and from the ambulance.
- Coordinating and liaising with other team members to ensure rapid response to emergencies and patient’s prompt delivery to preferred/nearest health facility
- Drive mobile intensive care unit to predetermined location under the instructions of the emergency medical dispatcher.
- Assess, record and discuss patient injuries and condition with the physician, including any treatments provided and reactions to treatments or drugs.
- Clean and decontaminate ambulance after transporting or treating any patient with infectious disease. Report infectious disease with relevant authorities.
- Administer drugs as appropriate and necessary via injection, intravenous procedures or oral administration under the direction of a physician.
- Communicate and coordinate with dispatchers and other emergency medical team members as needed to ensure that all applicable personnel are prepared to receive the patient and ensure proper treatment.
- Providing support to ensure that patient care services commence on arrival at the health facility
- Decontaminating ambulance interior following each response operation
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends.
- Diploma/Degree in Paramedic/Nursing
- Proven experience as a paramedic
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and medications
- Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Adaptable with a great deal of stamina
- Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and devices
- Integrity and compassion towards human pain
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, organized, and demonstrate excellent oral interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Location of services may at times be in remote, austere or challenging environments
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to perform duties in a stressful and high paced environment without physical limitations.
Certified CPR Instructor
The ideal candidate must have Current BLS and ACLS certification in addition to nursing qualifying certificates.
- Monday to Sunday
- Holidays required
- Day, Night. 8 hour, 10 hour, 12-hour shift cycles.
Health insurance, Paid time off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: