DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' workflow; verifying their preparation and labelling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmaceutical information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring and maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinates the continuous professional development of pharmacists/technicians within the organisation, ensuring that they are up to date with the knowledge and skills required to deliver best practices in community and public health pharmacy
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree qualification in Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 Year post-NYSC experience.
- Maximum 3 Years post NYSC experience.
- Candidates must have experience in managing a hospital’s pharmacy or a community pharmacy.
- Professional membership with PCN, PSN, and Organisational skills
- Good people skills
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize time
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A good working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Note: Shift includes Night.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.