Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Damboa, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Health program Manager Damboa, the Pharmacist will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure a good pharmacy management at all levels
- Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards
- Implementing an effective stock management
- Reception and preparation of orders
- Collection and analysis of drugs consumption in the mission
- Support to health facilities and mobile clinics
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards:
- Participate in analysis of needs, preparation of regular forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks and initiating timely procurement of medical supplies in collaboration with log/supply and Pharmaco.
- Prepare the request for all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and validate with medical supervisor.
- Anticipate needs for medical supplies and assist in defining and implementing strategy for local procurement if necessary in collaboration with HPM.
- Alert the HPM and pham Co as soon as the buffer stock will be used.
- Checks quality of drugs are in line with MDM internal and national regulations during the procurement process.
- Participate on evaluation of potential local suppliers for supplies and equipment according to MDM standards.
- Participate on selecting the suppliers (validated after QUAMED Local Market Assessment) for local purchase of drugs.
- Store drugs according to instructions and standards.
- Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the mobile clinic
- Support drug dispensers/pharmacy assistant in the weekly drugs orders to MdM central pharmacy with the assistance of the medical supervisors, medical doctors and paramedics staff
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Ensure pharmacy recommendations are applied
Implementing an effective stock management:
- Create a pharmacy with appropriate storage, receiving and packing space and allowing to conduct a full medical inventory.
- Organize the drugs storage according to international standards (route of administration, alphabetical order of International Non-proprietary Name, FEFO principle, clear labeling with INN + dosage + pharmaceutical form + expiry date)
- Organize drugs, medical supplies and equipment for easy distribution and appropriate stock movement records
- Ensure all boxes and items are proper identify and register in stock cards and excel.
- Organize a monthly physical inventory and provide the stock balance at the end of each month to medical coordinator.
- Monitor temperature of the pharmacy and fridge on a daily basis
Reception and preparation of orders:
- Order reception
- Check quantities and quality of the received items
- Make out an acknowledgement of receipt for logistic department and HQ
- Integrate all the items into physical stock
- Fill in the stock cards for all the items as the electronic file (Excel)
- Prepare and distribute the drugs according the field request and projects needs
- Check the rationality of the requests
- Pack supply request from the supported facilities and mobile clinics in a timely way
- Update the stock cards and excel according to the stock movements
- Do a feedback to Pharmaco and Dep phCo in case of any problem with the orders
- Collection and analysis of drugs consumption
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting
- Assist in development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported facilities and mobile clinics
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform Pharmaco and Dep phCo in case of any unusual consumption.
Support to health facilities and mobile clinics:
- Collaborate closely with and build the capacities of dispensers of supported health facilities and mobile clinics.
- Conduct on the job training for dispensers in the mission.
- Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription and rational use of drugs for medical staff
- Help to asses needs in health facilities and mobile clinics related to drugs storage and dispensation. Propose and fulfil any necessary changes required.
- Planning, Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare weekly activities plan with the support of Pharmaco and Dep PhCo.
- Compile drug consumption per week, month and clinic
- Compile information of inventory and consumption for the monthly analysis. Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the relevant trainings organized by MDM
- Provide a report after each field visit with objectives achieved and recommendation to be followed.
- Provide first draft of monthly analysis for revision of Pharmaco and Dep PhCo.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MDM internal meetings (medical, log, security, etc)
- Liase/inform clinician, doctors and midwife about drug availability.
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders to have a smooth implementation of MDM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Perform other additional duties on request of the HPM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- At least 2 years as professional pharmacist
- Preferred experience in similar position
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work and ethic and rigor
- Good communication and team work
- Ability to work within a complex structure to ensure continuous supply of required
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Excel and word
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.