Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Job Code: MS02002
Location: Abuja with visits to field offices
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Contract Period: 6 months (With possibility of extension)
Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols, and procedures to maintain efficiency and operating availability.
- Implementing appropriate quality controls and record keeping to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department
- Updating stock files (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), to permanently ensure security stock levels
- Supervising medical orders and drugs from projects in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern
- Give technical support to project pharmacy supervisor and drug dispensers at the projects
- Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed.
- In collaboration with mission pharmacy manager and HR department, supervise the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team
- Record all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols,
- Manage requisitions for permit to import narcotics and controlled drugs according to the country´s regulation In collaboration with Mission Pharmacy manager
- Support mission pharmacy manager in sourcing and quality assessment of locally purchased drugs and medical materials.
- Monitor, oversee and periodically report consumption of controlled drugs and narcotics to regulatory bodies including NAFDAC according to the country´s regulation.
- Support supply team and mission pharmacy manager in clearance process of drugs and medical supplies from costumes
- Support mission pharmacy manager in international medical order process.
- Regular visit to projects to cover gaps for project pharmacy manager and give the needed support to the project pharmacy team
Essential: Degree of Pharmacy (B.Pharm / Pharm.D) with License to practice Pharmacy in Nigeria.
- At least 1-year certified work experience as a pharmacy supervisor/manager.
- Previous work experience with MSF and other regulatory authorities can be an asset.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Mission language is essential.
- Gross Monthly Salary
- According to MSF National Salary Scale
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with disabilities to apply.