ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Gen) - Physician I
Employment Type: Contract
Work Schedule: Standard - 5 days on / 2 days off - 5 days on / 2 days off
A Physician I administers and delivers Clinical Occupational Health Systems and services to business line operations, provides direction/mentoring to nurses and coordinates the delivery of clinical services. Examples: Occupational Medicine Physician
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Serves as site Medical and Occupational Health (MOH) contact, where applicable.
- Provides emergency preparedness and response.
- Provides advice to management and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) professionals on occupational health issues.
- Provides guidance and feedback on occupational health common systems and improvement opportunities to the Occupational Health (OH) Manager
- Conducts clinical assessments to determine fitness for work or identify health effects of work related exposures.
- Conducts initial diagnosis and treatment for potentially work related illnesses and injuries.
- Performs case management for work related illnesses and injuries as well as for disabling personal illnesses and injuries.
- This position level would typically include junior physician performing mostly tasks that do not require prior extensive experience.
- The Physician must be a current member of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Additional training (Diploma, Master’s degree or residency training) in Occupational Health is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Must have current BLS / ACLS certificates.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Behavioral Skills: analytical, communicates effectively, courage of conviction, manages risk
- Functional Skills: clinical case management, exposure assessment and controls, health educations and promotion / counseling, infection disease control program management, medical and research ethics, medication clearance assessment, occupational evaluations, occupational health laws, regulations and company standards, occupational health program management, travel health preparation and assessment, emergency preparedness and response, fundamentals of safety, risk and OIMS
- Medical doctor licensed in the location of operations supported
- Demonstrated proficiency via professional certification as needed.
- Additional Comments for suppliers: Physician will be required to do Call Duty in line with work schedule.
- Current Practicing License required
- Emergency Medicine Qualifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients across all age groups
- Leadership: Strong leadership qualities.
- Demonstrable track record of professionalism.
- Covering Emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week i.e. Call Duty in line with work schedule.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.