The Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) is the operational arm and an affiliate of Georgetown University Centre for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) in Nigeria. GGHN is a Non–profit, Non- Governmental Organization in Nigeria that promotes best practices in health care delivery and research using local and internationally adapted models to strengthen health systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Prevention of Mother-To-Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV Officer
- PMTCT Officers will coordinate PMTCT activities at the cluster levels in the state.
- PMTCT Officers will work with the state program implementing team to strengthen
- PMTCT services at facilities and communities for pregnant, lactating women, and infants.
- They will ensure that HIV-positive women are identified for enrollment, adherence, treatment, and follow-up.
- They will adhere to the national guidelines on PMTCT services for optimal patient outcome
- Strengthen HIV services across the clinical cascade for pregnant, breastfeeding mothers and HIV exposed infants by incorporating PMTCT services with antenatal, neonatal, postpartum, and child health services
- Link pregnant and breastfeeding women to appropriate services such as OVC and DREAMS
- Provide counseling services for pregnant women and their partners and test for HIV in PMTCT services
- As part of the routine index testing and partner notification services, provide PrEP or Link HIV uninfected pregnant and breastfeeding women to PrEP services
- Identify episodes of infections during pregnancy and breastfeeding by providing re- testing services for mothers’ post-ANC such as labor and delivery, postpartum FP services, MCH/Immunization clinics
- Ensure adherence to national protocol by following up HIV positive pregnant women to prevent mother to child transmission
- Counsel HIV positive mothers to breastfeed safely
- Prior to the final HIV outcome, Track mother and baby receiving PMTCT services for 18 months and or 6 weeks after cessation of breastfeeding and their transition to ART clinic
- Ensure client records are updated and accurate
- Counsel HIV positive women on family planning (FP) and FP methods particularly for the post-partum period
- Ensure that birth attendants and similar professionals provide ultimate safe delivery services according to national protocol whilst following up HIV positives
- Organize educational and or information sessions at health centers or communities to create awareness on HIV transmission, services available to prevent parent to child transmission, safe sex to prevent HIV infections
- Ensure accurate weekly, monthly data regarding PMTCT services are provided.
- Manage Mentor Mother program implementation athealth facility and community level, ensuring quality service delivery to clients
- Manage integration of Mentor Mother services into the health facilities and community activities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with health facility staff and other implementing partners working in the facility and the community, to maximize retention in care and adherence to treatment
- Develop and implement provincial site management workplan
- Mentor Site and Community Coordinators including provision of supportive supervision at site level
Bachelor's Degree or General Certificate in Nursing or Midwifery with full registration and current practicing license with the relevant body
3+ years of experience in HIV/AIDS counseling
Training acquired as PMTC counselor and/or experience in HIV counseling and testing for adults, adolescents, and children; Basic knowledge of HIV related services; knowledgeable about national PMTCT guidelines
Proficient in excel, word processing. Strong written and oral communications skills o Abilities: Strategic and analytical thinking skills, Problem-solving
A certificate in Nursing is preferable.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.