The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting suitably qualified dynamic candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Public-Private Mix (PM PPM), TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
Summary / Overview:
- The PM PPM, TB-LON 3 will be responsible for private sector service delivery on the TB-LON 3 project, encompassing TB services across the continuum of clinical and community care among various cadres of private sector providers.
- She/He will lead the implementation and reporting of the private sector component of the project, provide technical expertise in high-impact interventions and their integration into established service delivery systems within facility and community TB PPM Providers, while ensuring the provision of high quality TB care to the beneficiaries and the achievement of both qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop TB-LON 3 TB PPM strategic and operational plans, ensure activity implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of performance;
- Develop/adapt the technical content of TB PPM service delivery, as well as capacity building tools, guidelines, SOPs and other policy documents;
- Coordinate TB-LON 3 PPM cascade of care including demand generation, prevention services, case finding interventions, quality diagnostic services, case holding, referrals and linkages;
- Develop innovative strategies and interventions for improving the impact of TB-LON 3 TB PPM activities and appropriately reflect these in weekly, monthly and annual activity plans;
- Coordinate with the NTBLCP, STBLCPs, and other internal and external stakeholders to determine TB PPM capacity building needs and identify suitable opportunities to deploy appropriate resources to meet these needs;
- Work in close collaboration with the FMOH, SMOH, NTBLCP, STBLCP, USAID and other stakeholders to provide the technical assistance required to achieve the expected outcomes of TB PPM as a whole, and TB-LON 3 Project targets in particular;
- Strengthen the existing structure and support mechanism for Intermediary Organizations to implement sustainable mechanisms of service delivery across all TB PPM providers;
- Analyze the TB PPM cascade of care on a weekly basis and develop solutions for improving the quality of care and achievement of targets and objectives
- Ensure that technical and field staff prepare various internal and external data and programmatic reports as required;
- Represent IHVN in presenting periodic updates to Federal, State, Local Government and Facility stakeholders, as well as USAID, IHVN and other key stakeholders during meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with the Government, Private Sector and other Partner officials at National, State, Local Government, facility and community levels;
- Any other function that may be assigned by the COP and IHVN Executive Management.
- Master's Degree, or its equivalent or higher degree in Public Health, Health Program Planning and Management, or other relevant field preferred;
- At least five years of professional experience in private sector engagement or experience in developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships. Proven experience in capacity building, leadership, planning and management;
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and sub-national government levels;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos or other South West States;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analysing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including building and managing high-level relationships with donors, government, private sector entities, NGOs, research institutions, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Deputy Director, Human Resources" via: [email protected] using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.