Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Job ID: 2022-4800
Employment Status: Full-Time
- The Program manager will work with the project lead and other project staff to provide oversight on Technical Assistance provided to government of Nigeria on the C19 RM grant.
- The program manager will provide coordination, tracking, reporting, technical project management, stakeholders engagement and accountability, including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity for COVID19 projects.
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance donor and organizational regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting in overall program management.
- The Program manager will ensure quality assessment and quality TA provision is achieved using quality improvement tools tacking system.
- The program manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a quality collaborative approach and ensure effective program documentation.
- Supports in providing management and technical oversight of programs, ensuring TA program support aligns with C19 RM program, donor and GoN priority areas and are effectively and efficiently implemented
- Provides management support to ensure optimum support to business performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and stakeholders management within established policies and principles of Jhpiego, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that senior staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Oversees workplan monitoring systems development and implementation
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to project lead and donors as required;
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Contribute to TA focused activity implementation, facilitate training, mentoring and coaching as required
- Ensure adoption of quality improvement strategies to reinforce quality across TA program areas – Routinely measure quality improvement of the TA program areas in collaboration with core TA program staff
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope achieved in quality
- Ensure timely and high-quality program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Jhpiego and the donor as stipulated
- Contribute to scientific writing for development of manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary
- Remain informed on the current programs in Global health security fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Ensure that Jhpiego and GHS projects delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services) - Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to improve program efficiencies
- Coordinate GoN stakeholder’s engagement between PR, SRs and other partners for effective collaborations, engagement and inclusion
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of project budget to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals
- Guide and support in the establishing of sound management system to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to donor and GoN requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Jhpiego management
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; Masters-level Degree preferred.
- Program management and Quality Improvement certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with CDC programs and strong familiarity working with Government of Nigeria (NACA, NCDC, FMOH) and others
- 8+ years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in Global health security and public health program implementation.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in COVID19 programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- References will be required.
NGN875,000 – NGN 950,000Monthly Gross.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.